Bibby-Ste-Croix is a privately owned company that is corporately based in the United States. It operates two producing foundries in Quebec, one in Ste-Croix de Lotbinière and the other in St-Ours. It also has two points of sale outside of Quebec, one is in Hamilton, Ontario for municipal products and the other is in Medicine Hat, Alberta for soil pipe products.
Bibby-Ste-Croix's contribution to employment in Canada, especially Quebec, is very significant. Combining the two plants, two distribution centers and a sales team Bibby-Ste-Croix employs five-hundred people representing an annual wage bill of more than $20 million.
Production and products
Total production at Bibby-Ste-Croix is a considerable amount. At the end of fiscal year 2008, net production was 61,000 tons of iron. Of these tons, 94 percent is grey iron which is made from 100 percent recycled material. The remaining 6 percent is ductile iron which is made from 80 percent recycled material. This production is diversified in various product lines such as soil pipe and soil pipe fittings which are mainly used in new commercial construction as well as municipal products such as valve boxes and street castings. Bibby-Ste-Croix also produces OEM specialty products like counterweights for agricultural machinery, hog grates, cattle bowls, stadium seating and other products.
Market and Distribution
Products made by Bibby-Ste-Croix are destined for the North American market with about 80 percent to Canada and the remainder to the United States. To efficiently get these products to market, Bibby-Ste-Croix relies on a vast network of wholesale distribution.