Green Sand Molding & Pattern Shop
Green sand molding
A mix of sand with a balanced ratio of clay and water. Particular attention is given to processing the sand, making a difference in the quality. The sand is reprocessed for environmental protection purposes.
- Disamatic 140-B - new equipment installed in 2016
- Vertical molds allow better surface finish
- Dimensions: 23.5" X 30" , 7" / 7"
- For the production of oversized castings of extreme weight
- Dimensions: 36" X 35" , 9" / 9"
Pattern shop department
- Patternmaking is a production services department.
- In-house department for the maintenance and repair of the wooden, aluminum or plastic patterns for the production of castings.
- The department supplies all molding systems for the plant.
- About 40 different patterns are used each day.
- For faster service, close to 3,500 patterns are stored on site.
- Continuous maintenance program: each pattern is inspected and tested prior to production and following its use.
- Computer management of priorities (ERP).
- The production of new patterns is outsourced: various sub-contractors located close to our facilities produce new patterns according to your specifications.
- Allow seven to eight weeks for the production of a new pattern.